The organisations, groups and people behind this site
Over the Fence
Over the Fence is a project that provides people with independent information about how to get care and support.
It is one of several projects funded by the Scottish Government to help people make good use of a new law which comes into effect on 1st April 2014. This is the Social Care (Self-directed Support) (Scotland) Act 2013. The aim of the legislation is to give people more choice and more control over the support they get. If the support works well for each person, people will be able to have a better quality of life.
Over the Fence is a partnership between Outside the Box and media co-op.
Outside the Box
Outside the Box is a voluntary organisation which helps community groups develop new activities. We are based in Glasgow and work with groups all over Scotland. We were established in 2004 and since then a lot of our work has been with people who are older, or who have disabilities or health problems, although we work with lots of other people too.
You can find out more about us and what else we do at www.otbds.org.
This is the work we are responsible for at Over the Fence
- Talking to people who have used social care services, or want to find out about them, to learn what information they would find useful and ask them to pass on their tips and advice for other people.
- Getting the information together and writing the content of the website.
- Checking it is up to date and as accurate as we can.
Media co-op brings together people with a lot of experience of making films and using social media. We work with organisations that are doing good, such as voluntary organisations, local authorities, the NHS and Scottish Government. Like Over The Fence, we have also been going since 2004, are based in Glasgow and work with people across Scotland.
You can find out more about us and see other work we are doing at www.mediaco-op.net
We are responsible for designing the website for Over the Fence.
We want to thank all the people who helped develop this website.
- The people who shared their stories
- The people who told us about their experiences and their suggestions for other people
- People at projects and organisations which give independent advice and support to people using care services; or their families
- Staff in Council and NHS teams
- Staff in organisations which provide support and care services
- Staff in bodies which ensure services are working well and that people’s rights are respected